Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New York Fashion Week

Every year we all get excited for New York Fashion Week! And today I looked over a few runway shows and found the one I liked the best! I chose Marc Jacobs, his show was FANTASTIC! The approach was highly entertaining. Just watch as the girls get up one by one out of their poses and walk down the runway. I have never seen this done before and I loved it! The collection brought some very new and interesting pieces.w To my surprise there were no super bright colors like other designers are going for, they are all sort of muted tones. There were a lot of dresses but not very many separates but I didn't really mind because all the garments were beautiful and very creative! He seemed to bring the "spring color" in through in the accessories. I also loved how all of the models wore socks or stockings with their heels to keep it all uniform! He also kept the hair and makeup uniform to bring the whole thing together. The one thing that I did not like was the music.. it was very droll and repetitive to me. But another thing I did like was the fact that the models were so diverse. I hate seeing essentially the same ole girl walking down the runway 100 times. Over all I have seldom bad things to say about this show. The link is below, so watch it and tell us how you feel!
xoxo- tridelta

No comments:

Post a Comment